Spike Brewing 12.5 Conical Fermenter Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > General Techniques > The best experiments w/ split batches

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-13-2008, 10:56 AM   #11
Grimsawyer
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 4 Times on 4 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebeer
You could also experiment with wood aging (chips, cubes, staves, etc). I've split batches of IPA, and been very happy with the oaking. Last week I split a Marzen and oaked half...looking forward to this one.
Just oak, or toasted oak. To what degree.... share!!! I want to oak age beer but the first batch I did I added half of a package of oak and overpowered it really bad.

"I feel sorry for people who don't drink. They wake up in the morning and that's as good as they're going to feel all day." -Dean Martin

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFlyingBeer
...no sense hauling empty carboys around when full ones take up just as much space. :)

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply