Ss Brewing Technologies Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > General Techniques > areation kit
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-01-2008, 04:31 PM   #11
beerthirty
big beers turn my gears
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
beerthirty's Avatar
Recipes 
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Phoenix AZ
Posts: 2,651
Liked 23 Times on 11 Posts

Default

how are you going to get the gas out? you need the regulator. which I could only find in the benzomatic welding kit for about 50 bucks. the O2 is left hand thread so you cant use a propane torch tip to get the gas out. I had already thought of that and even brought one with me to test fit when I found out about the thread difference.
after that ya just the tank

__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by the_bird View Post
"I've got a fever... and the only prescription is, MORE CARBOYS!"
primary- Tangerine Dream, SWMBO slayer,
serving- amber ale hop experiment #6, Roggenbier, apfelwine
planning- Cru?
conditioning- 9/9/09 barleywine
Drink water?... Never, fish fornicate in it.--- W.C. Fields
Most problems can be solved with the proper application of force.
beerthirty is offline
 
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-01-2008, 04:35 PM   #12
Revvy
Post Hoc Ergo Propter Hoc
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Revvy's Avatar
Recipes 
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: "Detroitish" Michigan
Posts: 40,804
Liked 2733 Times on 1640 Posts
Likes Given: 3485

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by beerthirty View Post
how are you going to get the gas out? you need the regulator. which I could only find in the benzomatic welding kit for about 50 bucks. the O2 is left hand thread so you cant use a propane torch tip to get the gas out. I had already thought of that and even brought one with me to test fit when I found out about the thread difference.
after that ya just the tank
I bought something similiar of this from my lhbs for 30 bucks...



I picked up a racking cane for another buck, and put the airstone between that and the hose, just like the kit you can get from midwest supplies.
__________________

Like my snazzy new avatar? Get Sons of Zymurgy swag, here, and brew with the best.

Revvy's one of the cool reverends. He has a Harley and a t-shirt that says on the back "If you can read this, the bitch was Raptured. - Madman

I gotta tell ya, just between us girls, that Revvy is HOT. Very tall, gorgeous grey hair and a terrific smile. He's very good looking in person, with a charismatic personality... he drives like a ****ing maniac! - YooperBrew

Revvy is offline
 
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-01-2008, 04:48 PM   #13
beerthirty
big beers turn my gears
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
beerthirty's Avatar
Recipes 
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Phoenix AZ
Posts: 2,651
Liked 23 Times on 11 Posts

Default

ok I'm jealous. normally I find it cheaper to find sources outside of LHBS for items like this. I guess a should have looked around a bit. Oh well at least I have a light duty weld kit now.

__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by the_bird View Post
"I've got a fever... and the only prescription is, MORE CARBOYS!"
primary- Tangerine Dream, SWMBO slayer,
serving- amber ale hop experiment #6, Roggenbier, apfelwine
planning- Cru?
conditioning- 9/9/09 barleywine
Drink water?... Never, fish fornicate in it.--- W.C. Fields
Most problems can be solved with the proper application of force.
beerthirty is offline
 
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-01-2008, 04:57 PM   #14
Revvy
Post Hoc Ergo Propter Hoc
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Revvy's Avatar
Recipes 
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: "Detroitish" Michigan
Posts: 40,804
Liked 2733 Times on 1640 Posts
Likes Given: 3485

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by beerthirty View Post
ok I'm jealous. normally I find it cheaper to find sources outside of LHBS for items like this. I guess a should have looked around a bit. Oh well at least I have a light duty weld kit now.
Are you positive that the regulator part of my kit can't be found through mcmaster carr or somewhere? I figured it was just some regular piece of welding equipment or something that some enterprising homebrewer (like our own Yuri) looked at one day and said "I can brew with that!"
__________________

Like my snazzy new avatar? Get Sons of Zymurgy swag, here, and brew with the best.

Revvy's one of the cool reverends. He has a Harley and a t-shirt that says on the back "If you can read this, the bitch was Raptured. - Madman

I gotta tell ya, just between us girls, that Revvy is HOT. Very tall, gorgeous grey hair and a terrific smile. He's very good looking in person, with a charismatic personality... he drives like a ****ing maniac! - YooperBrew

Revvy is offline
 
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Reply



Quick Reply
Message:
Options
Thread Tools


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
areation for the wort..... JoshuaWhite5522 DIY Projects 3 03-23-2009 02:57 AM
Interesting experiment on the effects of areation EdWort General Techniques 30 03-04-2007 03:33 AM
Cheap Areation Device AleHole General Techniques 6 01-05-2007 02:17 AM
Areation, before or after you pitch?? beer35 General Techniques 4 12-03-2006 05:47 AM