Electric Brewing Supply 30A BCS Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > General Techniques > Alternative Brewing

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-11-2012, 12:44 PM   #151
Seven
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 131 Times on 66 Posts
Likes Given: 95

Quote:
Originally Posted by eeverwine View Post
I skipped up here from page 10, and didn't bother reading back a bit to see why everyone got their posts deleted. I'm sure this thread has devolved in to some fresh internet hell.

I know this has been said already, maybe a hundred times, but the OP is a different type of homebrewer. Hell, we're all different types of homebrewers. He calls it "minimalist." I agree with most of you and tend to call it "stupid." But that's because I'm only interested in making the best beer I possibly can.

I'm proposing an experiment. And I hope I'm not the only one who tries this, but I am definitely going through with it.

I'm going to make a self-designed Simcoe Imperial IPA recipe two different ways on my next brew day. (Probably the last week of this month)

The first method: my standard All-grain set-up. 10gal round mash tun with a false bottom, single infusion with mash-out, fly sparge, 90 minute boil with scheduled hop additions, quick cool with my wort chiller, etc etc etc.

The second method: I'll follow the OP's OP to the letter. BIAB, no temp control, no pH measurements, with hop tea and 25 min boil, no chill method, etc etc etc.

I'll bottle the "traditional" using Revvy's method from his famous Bottling post (Thanks a ton for that btw, totally REVVolutionized my bottling days), and I'll bottle the OP's way using a funnel and a sanitized measuring cup.

We'll see what happens. I'm fairly certain the OP's method will reign victorious, and his paradigm shifting views on brewing will forever ALTER my brew days.
I'm intrigued by your post and I look forward to seeing the results from your completely un-biased and highly scientific experiment.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-11-2012, 12:48 PM   #152
RobbyBeers
Recipes 

Liked 4 Times on 2 Posts
Likes Given: 4

Quote:
The first method: my standard All-grain set-up. 10gal round mash tun with a false bottom, single infusion with mash-out, fly sparge, 90 minute boil with scheduled hop additions, quick cool with my wort chiller, etc etc etc.

The second method: I'll follow the OP's OP to the letter. BIAB, no temp control, no pH measurements, with hop tea and 25 min boil, no chill method, etc etc etc.
lol...now this is what I'm talkin about. Godspeed. Can't wait to see results.

I don't want to relax. I'm too worried. But I will drink that homebrew.

Old 01-12-2012, 12:01 AM   #153
eeverwine
Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts
Likes Given: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seven View Post
I'm intrigued by your post and I look forward to seeing the results from your completely un-biased and highly scientific experiment.
Everything in the name of science.

On Deck: Not quite sure yet...

Primary: Misty Mountain Hops II: Zythos Edition

Bottled: Honey Belgian Wit, Simcoe Imperial IPA, Walnut Brown Ale, Vanilla Irish Stout, Misty Mountain Hops (Amarillo Pale Ale), Brüsader Brown Ale, English Brown Porter

Old 01-12-2012, 12:22 PM   #154
stamandster
Recipes 

Liked 51 Times on 44 Posts
Likes Given: 26

Quote:
Everything in the name of science-ish.
There fixed it...

Old 10-01-2012, 05:25 PM   #155
mikeysab
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 27 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 471 Times on 371 Posts
Likes Given: 3

Yep, saw it. Someone actually pm'ed me the post before it was edited. I love when people attack Revvy. Poor bastard tries to help people, and gets dumped on for coming off as a d bag. People take this forum way too seriously sometimes

Mikeysab on untappd.
NordeastBrewer77 Likes This 

Quick Reply