Ss Brewing Technologies Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > General Techniques > Air bubbles in siphon tube

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-03-2012, 11:21 AM   #21
dhathazy
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

I siphoned to bottling bucket on Saturday and used a clamp on the connection of the tubing and racking cane. No bubbles!

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-04-2012, 06:07 PM   #22
normzone
Recipes 

Liked 12 Times on 10 Posts
Likes Given: 59

I have some new hose and tube, and last brew day I noted that the tube was a little undersize (or the hose a little oversize) and I could not achieve a leak free fit. I think rather than add hose clamps to the mix, therefore adding a potentially sharp surface to my equipment handling routine, I will put a couple of wraps of scotch tape on the tube before I slide the hose over it.

Old 03-14-2013, 08:17 PM   #23
dhathazy
Recipes 

Bottled a batch yesterday, using a clamp on the tube where it connects to the can, could not do anything to stop a steady stream of tiny air bubbles ugh! I hope I did not f&#@ up my beer because my sample tasted dead on what I was looking for. I guess I will know in a few weeks.

In the meantime, going to practice with a bucket of water and see if I can figure out the dam auto siphon once and for all.

Quick Reply