Electric Brewing Supply 30A BCS Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > General Techniques > Aerating with oxygen in BK? After chilled of course

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-10-2012, 07:54 PM   #1
Bugaboo
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts
Likes Given: 5

Default Aerating with oxygen in BK? After chilled of course

Looking into aerating in BK because it would elimiate one more exposure to air for my beer. I recirculate as I cool my wort through a cfc. Also I sanitize my aeration wand during the last 20 minutes of boil, so I figure why not just turn it on inside the bk once the wort is down to a certain temp instead of moving it to the fermenter.

Anyone have experiece doing it this way? I'm not seeing any big cons here just wanna confirm my thought process. What temperature would be the highest to turn it on? I've been recirculating until I hit the low 90s and then turning my cold water rate up to bring it down to mid 60s as it goes into my fermenter. I'll turn it on then for my customary 5 minutes which I would normally do in the fermenter.

P.S. I know you can build a inline aerator too.

"If you ever reach total enlightenment while drinking beer, I bet it makes beer shoot out your nose."
-Deep Thought, Jack Handy

"Brewers enjoy working to make beer as much as drinking beer instead of working."
-Harold Rudolph

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-11-2012, 04:01 AM   #2
MalFet
/bɪər nərd/
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 1257 Times on 836 Posts
Likes Given: 576

Sure, that's fine. You'll need to wait until you get mostly cool, as oxygen solubility drops quickly as temps go up.

"Be excellent to each other." -Benjamin Franklin

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply