Get your HBT Growlers, Shirts and Membership before the Rush!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > General Techniques > acid addition calculation

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-09-2008, 06:02 PM   #1
slim chillingsworth
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Default acid addition calculation

has anyone worked out a formula for exact phosphoric acid addition based on pH? i tried converting Noonan's from New Brewing Lager beer, but got lost in the math after realizing that he calculates for an 80% phosphoric acid solution compared to the 10% available most places.

"I don't understand why everybody is focusing only on details. It is impossible to produce a good beer with details."
Jean-Marie Rock, head brewer at Orval

SERIOUS BUSINESS BREWERY
---serious -mod edit- business---

my commercial beer notes garret oliver on beer and foodjosh oakes on beer and food

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-09-2008, 06:18 PM   #2
conpewter
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 43 Times on 38 Posts
Likes Given: 8

I have some phosphoric and plan to do this on my next lighter brew still looking up the calculations myself, I ran into the same 80% issue, but we should just be able to add 8 times as much 10% solution I'd imagine.

"People should not be afraid of their governments. Governments should be afraid of their people." - V

Primary: Nothin
Secondary: Shady Lord RIS, Water to Barleywine, Pumpkin wine, burnt mead
Kegged: Crappy infected mild
Bottles: Apfelwein, 999 Barleywine, Oatmeal Stout, Robust Porter, Robust smoked porter, Simcoe Smash

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply