I brewed the beer with 100% distilled and only shifted from the primer slightly. Spent a good amount of time with bru'n water and used 1% acid malt and less than a gram of baking soda in addition to the calcium chloride quantity mentioned in the primer. I targeted 5.4 pH. I know I can't measure pH yet, but I did order the hach pH meter. Unfortunately it is not expected to ship until March 17th. However, I did have a really smooth brew despite tightening up my grain mill slightly. I think the tighter mill, larger sparge due to small grain bill and water closer to proper pH all contributed to my 87% efficiency. Thanks for your help. I'll update with notes on the meter once it comes in.
Sent from my VS980 4G using Home Brew mobile app