New Giveaway - Wort Monster Conical Fermenter!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Brew Science > Post fermentation beer ph and manipulation.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-12-2013, 05:25 AM   #11
uright
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts
Likes Given: 3

Speed, from what I have read that's acceptable ph for lagers. I'd suggest experimenting with a pint of beer first, see if it makes a difference.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-12-2013, 12:53 PM   #12
SpeedYellow
Recipes 

Liked 71 Times on 60 Posts
Likes Given: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by uright
Speed, from what I have read that's acceptable ph for lagers. I'd suggest experimenting with a pint of beer first, see if it makes a difference.
Thanks, that's a good idea. But if it fails, the beer's going down the drain anyway. It's really the weirdest thing, this salty beer.

Old 04-13-2013, 06:55 PM   #13
uright
Recipes 

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts
Likes Given: 3

Update on the beers that I acidified. Sent them in for first round NHC in Seattle. My IPA was judged in two separate flights. Both Flights chose it to go to mini BoS, but they mistakenly used both bottles and had no bottle to judge in mini BoS. They gave me a administrative pass and the IPA is going to philly. Kinda cool, but kinda meh. The 4 scores on I got on the beer were 34, 35, 41, 44. only tips are that they'd like to see more malt backbone.

The pale ale did well but it was agreed that it was too much like a small ipa and needed more of a malt backbone as well.

I brew my IPA's similar to Union Jack and Pale 31. Maybe I need to start adding a bit more crystal malt.

There was no mention of tartness or lactic flavor from any of the judges. I guess even with 5 ml in a keg it was not noticeable.

Quick Reply