The Great Bottle Opener Giveaway

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Brew Science > Need help with my water report.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-08-2010, 04:56 PM   #1
jevehn
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 2 Times on 1 Posts

Default Need help with my water report.

Hi All,

I'm hoping someone can confirm what how I'm interpretting my water report.

I just did my first AG using filtered tap water, and the end product has a harsh bitterness to it. Not pleasent bitter... smack you in the face bitter. I've been reading up about water quality, and I'm pretty sure my water is the cause.

I've been using the ez water calculator to figure out the necessary adjustments, but I'm missing some info for it. My city water report doesn't list calcium or magnesium content... pretty much everything else, but not those. Can I interpret that I don't have any calcium, or do I need to somehow convert CaCO3 to a calcium value?

Here is a link to my city report.

http://www.epcor.ca/en-ca/Customers/...022010_211.pdf

Thanks in advance to anyone who can advise me

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-09-2010, 10:01 PM   #2
jevehn
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 2 Times on 1 Posts

Thought I'd stop in again and say that I figured it out. My water provider doesn't have control limits on the calcium and magnesium level in the water, so it doesn't appear on the monthly report. I dug around on their page and found a super detailed report, and somewhere on page 26 of 43, I found my stats.

Calcium: 48
Magnesium: 13

Thanks to all who looked. If anyone else in Edmonton is trying to find their water info, let me know, and I'll show you where I found it.

Cheers!

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply