Electric Brewing Supply 30A BCS Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Brew Science > How To Send In Water For Ward Labs Test

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-29-2009, 11:14 AM   #21
lehr
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 16 Times on 16 Posts

I ordered mine following the great instructions...Now when I get my report I will need you smart guys to help me figure it out.

Pat

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-29-2009, 04:26 PM   #22
jwright
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Recipes 

Liked 4 Times on 4 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Henry,
Big thanks for the info. It is ALWAYS helpful to offer guidence - with so many people reading on this board, you can always count on helping at least one person.
I have been meaning to send my water off for testing for awhile. I had never seen the offered supplies. Even with your instructions It still took a couple of tries to find it (not reading carefully) - I'm a bit of a 'tard.

Thanks again
jason

Old 07-31-2009, 12:56 PM   #23
JKoravos
Recipes 

Liked 18 Times on 14 Posts
Likes Given: 3

My bottles came yesterday. Pretty quick turnaround. I'll send them out Monday morning and hopefully have some results by the end of next week. Yay!

Old 07-31-2009, 02:01 PM   #24
Bobby_M
Vendor and Brewer
HBT_SPONSOR.png
Vendor Ads 
Feedback Score: 2 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 1009 Times on 675 Posts
Likes Given: 28

They are VERY fast in both shipping supplies and mailing results. I got my results emailed within 3 days of sending.

Sightglass, Refractometer, Ball Valve, Weldless bulkhead, Thermometer, Decals, Stainless Steel Fittings, Compression Fittings, Camlock Quick Disconnects, Scale, RIMS tube, Plate Chiller, Chugger Pump, Super Clear Silicone Tubing, and more!

New Stuff?

Old 07-31-2009, 02:01 PM   #25
HenryHill
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 11 Times on 11 Posts
Likes Given: 6

I'm glad to see that having the instructions spelled out made it easier, and apparently allowed for those that wanted to but weren't sure how easy it was, to try this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by IrregularPulse View Post
This is HBT of course. Normal Thread that goes every direction but the one intended. This forum should be scientific proof the beer causes ADD

Old 07-31-2009, 05:16 PM   #26
JKoravos
Recipes 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Henry Hill View Post
I'm glad to see that having the instructions spelled out made it easier, and apparently allowed for those that wanted to but weren't sure how easy it was, to try this.
Just what I needed. Thanks, Henry!

Old 08-04-2009, 02:28 PM   #27
JKoravos
Recipes 

I sent my water samples out today. A few things...

-Ward did not send me a pre-paid USPS label, just a plain old address label. Was I supposed to pay for the label up front? I don't know.

-The bottles they sent me didn't really fit into the USPS Small Flat Rate Box all that well. I had two in there, but the bottle diameter is bigger than the thickness of the box, so no matter how many are in there it will prevent the box from closing properly. I don't think a third bottle would have fit at all. They still accepted it, but it's probably a YMMV situation. I wouldn't have been surprised if they wouldn't take it as it was. The woman at the desk wrapped it in tape because it was bulging out.

-When I brought the package to the desk she asked if it contained anything "hazardous, explosive or liquid?". I was a bad boy and said no, but apparently you aren't supposed to ship liquid via Priority mail. I can't find that stipulation on the USPS website, though.

That's my experience, anyway. I'm really looking forward to seeing what they come back with. I've been waiting for this for a while.

Old 08-04-2009, 03:03 PM   #28
jwright
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Recipes 

Liked 4 Times on 4 Posts

Just curious -
I recieved a regular shipping label as well and no box. I followed the instructions and checked all of the appropriate items. I am wondering if it has to do with being a first time customer? This isn't a complaint and I can't wait to get my results, I am just wondering if there is something else that needs to be indicated that I did not see, so that people can get the free shipping. I think I paid $6-7 at the usps for 2 day.
Jason

Old 08-04-2009, 03:11 PM   #29
HenryHill
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 11 Times on 11 Posts
Likes Given: 6

Jkravos, I don't know what bottles you got, but there should have been room in the little box for several. My bottles were 6-8 oz., and kinda short.

The label I got didn't say it was for free USPS shipping, but I took it in and the counter guy had no issues with me using it and not charging me. It is the policy of Ward Labs to pay for it, so I'm guessing every box that comes in is paid for at time of delivery. I do not know how that part works.

jwright, If you asked for a small box they should have sent it, my bottles and label came inside mine. The free shipping is not 2 day or anything special, but you need not have paid for it.

It seems to have worked correctly for others....

Quote:
Originally Posted by IrregularPulse View Post
This is HBT of course. Normal Thread that goes every direction but the one intended. This forum should be scientific proof the beer causes ADD

Old 08-04-2009, 06:23 PM   #30
jwright
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Recipes 

Liked 4 Times on 4 Posts

Ok...... so maybe it was a simple mistake on one of our parts (mine or Ward's). I'll make sure to get the prepaid label next time. I certainly didn't mind paying for the S/H - I still think it is a good deal. I am glad to hear that they really do include the s/h with the cost - it makes it even more of a bargin. It is kind of unusual to find a company that will offer a service, provide the results to a general consumer and not require payment upfront.
Now If I can just get my results, I'll have something much better to do than continuously checking HBT.
Thanks again Henry,
jason

Quick Reply