Kegconnection Complete Starter Kit and More Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Brew Science > How much of your mash adjustment salts make it into the boil?

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-28-2012, 03:49 AM   #11
afr0byte
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 69 Times on 58 Posts
Likes Given: 48

Quote:
Originally Posted by HoppyDaze View Post
Why in the world would that matter?
It doesn't necessarily matter per se, but it's certainly odd to correct someone 3 years after they posted something. Why in the world do you care that I commented on the fact that it was a 3 year old thread?

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-29-2012, 03:57 AM   #12
driver8rws
Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts
Likes Given: 1

I wasn't correcting anyone...
I was just trying to provide a formula to help someone in the future when they Google this topic and find this thread like I did.
AND I ALSO DON'T UNDERSTAND WHY YOU THOUGHT YOU HAD TO POST THAT THE THREAD WAS 3 YEARS OLD ?!?
SO F**KING WHAT ????
Because of your stupid comment now there are 4 more comments on here that have no relavance to the topic !

Old 12-29-2012, 07:06 PM   #13
mabrungard
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Recipes 

Liked 176 Times on 154 Posts
Likes Given: 24

Thanks for dredging this thread up. I do hope we can be civil! I don't enjoy the tendency for those that are unwilling to sign their name are more likely to be uncivil. PS: the Boogy Man hasn't gotten me yet. Do consider standing behind your posts with your names and reputations! I do.

Since there are several reactions in the mash that alter the mineral content of the raw wort compared to the starting water profile, I've long recommended that both mashing and sparging water be treated to approximately the same ionic content. The big difference is that sparging water MUST have low alkalinity and that might alter its other ionic content somewhat.

But with this said, its still OK to add minerals to either the mash, sparge, or kettle as desired. Just recognize that the ending effect of those additions will vary. If you like the results of adding the minerals a certain way, RDWHAHB. As long as the mash pH falls in line, its OK.

Martin B
Carmel, IN
BJCP National
Foam Blowers of Indiana (FBI)

Brewing Water Information at:
https://sites.google.com/site/brunwater/

Like Bru'n Water on Facebook for occasional discussions on brewing water and Bru'n Water

Old 12-29-2012, 11:19 PM   #14
afr0byte
Recipes 

Liked 69 Times on 58 Posts
Likes Given: 48

Quote:
Originally Posted by driver8rws View Post
I wasn't correcting anyone...
I was just trying to provide a formula to help someone in the future when they Google this topic and find this thread like I did.
AND I ALSO DON'T UNDERSTAND WHY YOU THOUGHT YOU HAD TO POST THAT THE THREAD WAS 3 YEARS OLD ?!?
SO F**KING WHAT ????
Because of your stupid comment now there are 4 more comments on here that have no relavance to the topic !
Forgive me, it seemed as though you were trying to correct earwig. However, the primary reason I commented on it being three years old is that you may not have noticed you were replying to an inactive thread. Forgive me if I thought it was strange.

Old 07-13-2014, 08:43 PM   #15
Tutsbrew
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 48 Times on 28 Posts
Likes Given: 20

Brewers Friend, IMHO, is a great software regarding water profiles.

Yeah, it's been about a year and a half since this thread re-died. Perhaps this can be an "undead" thread? ...The Walking Drunk.

"Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy" - Benjamin Franklin

Quick Reply