Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Brew Science > Help with water report

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-17-2013, 06:35 PM   #1
CUBrewing
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 5 Times on 3 Posts

Default Help with water report

So I want to start adjusting my water chemistry each brew. I got ward labs homebrew test and I got the results and I dont really know what to do with them so im hoping someone can help. I would love to know what styles of beer would work well without any adjustments and maybe what basic things i could do to improve the water for a lighter beer and darker beer. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

File Type: pdf 10.17.13.1.pdf (118.8 KB, 38 views)

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-17-2013, 10:30 PM   #2
ajdelange
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Recipes 

Liked 684 Times on 568 Posts
Likes Given: 19

You have water that most brewers dream of: RO water without having an RO system. As such it will need mineral and acid supplements for most beers (with the rest requiring alkali) but as you have to supplement for any beer you brew you can brew any beer you want with this water as long as you supply the right minerals/acid(s). To get started you can try the recommendations of the Primer at http://www.homebrewtalk.com/f128/bre...primer-198460/ and, if the water bug bites you, move on from there.

Old 10-18-2013, 04:04 AM   #3
CUBrewing
Recipes 

Liked 5 Times on 3 Posts

We'll that's good I have a good base. I'll start with the primer and see where it takes me. Thanks so much for the info

Old 10-18-2013, 08:46 PM   #4
Dinomyte
Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts
Likes Given: 7

If you don't mind me asking, which analysis did you request and how much did that cost? I need to get a good water report to know where I stand with my Michigan well water.

Old 10-18-2013, 11:01 PM   #5
CUBrewing
Recipes 

Liked 5 Times on 3 Posts

I got mine from ward labs. Just go on their site and you can select a home brewers test kit. And they send you a vial and a return label. Fill it up, mail it back and in a couple of days they email the results. It was 40 bucks but I think it was well worth it.

Quick Reply