*Ss Brewing Technologies Giveaway - Enter Now!*

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Brew Science > Adjusting/Correcting Gravity

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-16-2014, 04:22 AM   #1
TheLastAvenger
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Likes Given: 1

Default Adjusting/Correcting Gravity

Hey All,

After a long hiatus from brewing, I got back I to it with a jalapeño cream ale. I started with a recipe from the forums, but modified it quite a bit. I don't have a copy of it right in front of me but can get it if needed.

Anyways... the reason I'm chatting with you now is to see how I adjust for adding things like lactose and came sugar to the secondary. After starting with an OG of 1.060, and prior to adding had a gravity of 1.022, I added 6oz lactose and 3oz cane sugar. I was not thinking and failed to take a second gravity after adding. I after a few more days in the cold a couple days rest, I'm now sitting at 1.016. Any help would be appreciated, I'm still fairly new to the science and math part of this.

On a side note, it is tasting beautiful. The only thing I can say is that the front of the tongue jalapeño flavor has diminished quite a bit. It was almost perfect about a week in, but has gotten weaker. Too late to make additions? I'm 14 days in, but actually still bubbling.

Thanks, and cheers!

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply