The Great Bottle Opener Giveaway

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Lambic & Wild Brewing > Yet another accidental wild brew....

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-15-2011, 11:04 AM   #11
Barc
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 4 Times on 4 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by COLObrewer View Post
This is interesting, what was in the starter? did you do any more prep before bottling? Add any priming sugar, etc?
Prep was normal. Priming sugar, etc. I added the drops to a bottles that were heavier, i.e. Trappist, Duvel, etc.

The low fg (1.003) meant that there wasn't a heckuva lot for the Brett to eat anyway but I figured it should be enough to give it an interesting note or 2. And I was correct!

If I do it again, which I plan to, I will probably do half a batch normally adding half the priming sugar and the other batch I will cut the priming sugar by maybe 1/4 assuming my FG is that low again and then add the Brett directly do each bottle again. The dropper of slurry really seemed to do the trick so I'm happy with that and the carbonation is just a hair over what I wanted.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-15-2011, 11:11 AM   #12
smokinghole
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 107 Times on 89 Posts
Likes Given: 10

I'm fully planning on doing the same thing with my saison that I just brewed on Friday. When it comes bottling time I will hit half with JP critters via pipette method.

Going through life is hard.
Going through life stupid is harder.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply