Ss Brewing Technologies Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Lambic & Wild Brewing > Will lacto bubbles go away?

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-16-2012, 01:19 PM   #1
todd46
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 4 Times on 4 Posts

Default Will lacto bubbles go away?

hey all, i have a mini-sour batch going running on (in part) the wyeast lambic blend. it currently has some nice lacto bubbles going all over the top, and has for a few weeks. it's been fermenting for about 2 months now, so still pretty young. my questions is, will the lacto bubbles ever stop? or is that something that will always be present until i bottle it?

I'm not really sure if there are obvious visual phases something like this will go through (key visual cues to look for?) or if i'm just left to tasting it now and then to see where its at. any advice would be helpful, thanks!

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-16-2012, 03:29 PM   #2
ReverseApacheMaster
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 229 Times on 192 Posts

It may stay or it may go away and something else will show up in its place. It's just a pellicle, which helps control oxygen exposure. Leave it alone for at least six months. You'll be happier if you let it go a year or more but I know not everybody will be that patient and decide they are happy with it earlier on.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply