The Great Bottle Opener Giveaway

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Lambic & Wild Brewing > turbid mash overnight?

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-23-2011, 02:17 PM   #1
theonetrueruss
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 37 Times on 23 Posts

Default turbid mash overnight?

I am trying to plan out my first lambic and am having a tough time finding space in my life to do a turbid mash and a 4 hour boil at the same time. I am considering doing a turbid mash and sparge in the evening.. raising to a boil to shut down any enzymes that might be going, then doing the 4 hour boil the next evening. My time issue is that I need to brew at night after the kids are asleep.. because they are crazy and will get burned if I don't.

I'm thinking that this should work fine but wanted to know if anyone could think of a reason why it wouldn't.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply