LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-13-2013, 12:20 PM   #11
smokinghole
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 115 Times on 96 Posts
Likes Given: 11

You have a exopolysaccharide complex there. The bacteria from the sour mix and or the wild stuff from the grain made the beer gooey. I've had this happen when I bottled a non-brett beer that I somehow contaminated with bacteria. So I poured the beer back into a fermentor under the flow of CO2 and added a brett culture. It took six months but the slimey consistency of the beer cleared up. The only thing that really gets rid of the exopolysaccharide is brett. It can take six months to a year at room temp for it to break down in my experience. I've had beers that were fine when I bottled but got viscous again in the bottle. I just let them sit for at least six months before I really try drinking them again.

Hope that helps and explains what you have there.

Going through life is hard.
Going through life stupid is harder.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply