Kegconnection Complete Starter Kit and More Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Lambic & Wild Brewing > Raspberry Sour Beer Experiment

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-06-2011, 03:43 AM   #31
Darkness
Local's Need's Brewing
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 43 Times on 37 Posts
Likes Given: 63

Just a thought BIGER Fermenters a gallon jug really. I don't know where u r located but a good tip for every one, if you have a little Donut Shope near u swing in early and ask them if the have any filling buckets u could buy. They r around three gal and my local shop sells them for 1.50 ea keep it in mind next time the kids or company want some donut holes

Fermenting
Apple Wood Smoked IPA
Imperial Black IPA
Belgium Wit

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-12-2013, 11:26 PM   #32
boysbrew2012
Recipes 

Likes Given: 12

So my sour raspberry pale ale goes a little something like this...makeshift recipe from santa cruz brewery

1 lb Crystal 10L
5 lbs ultralight malt extract
1 oz hallertau
1 oz Pacific Gem

2ndary fermenter
1 can raspberry puree
1 lb hibiscus
1 lb rose hips
1lb maltodextrin

Fingers crossed this recipe rocks!!! Not sure how to apply the rose hips and hibiscus...being they are tea ingredients should i boil them and drain them and add them or boil 1-3 cups with the dry ingredients and add flavored water into fermenter? any ideas?

Old 03-13-2013, 01:49 AM   #33
todd46
Recipes 

Liked 4 Times on 4 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by boysbrew2012
So my sour raspberry pale ale goes a little something like this...makeshift recipe from santa cruz brewery

1 lb Crystal 10L
5 lbs ultralight malt extract
1 oz hallertau
1 oz Pacific Gem

2ndary fermenter
1 can raspberry puree
1 lb hibiscus
1 lb rose hips
1lb maltodextrin

Fingers crossed this recipe rocks!!! Not sure how to apply the rose hips and hibiscus...being they are tea ingredients should i boil them and drain them and add them or boil 1-3 cups with the dry ingredients and add flavored water into fermenter? any ideas?
Raspberry and rose hips, sounds tasty to me, I'm curious how this comes out. I think a full pound of maltodextrin is way too much though, I'd halve that at least (unless you've used that much before and liked it).

Old 03-14-2013, 08:41 PM   #34
boysbrew2012
Recipes 

Quote:
Originally Posted by todd46

Raspberry and rose hips, sounds tasty to me, I'm curious how this comes out. I think a full pound of maltodextrin is way too much though, I'd halve that at least (unless you've used that much before and liked it).
I used a 1lb of maltodextrin in a cream ale since I don't have a keg yet it seemed only natural to attempt it so we shAll see how it holds up during the aging process....also added a pound in my galaxy IPA for a creamy finish so time will tell. My mantra when brewing is go big or go home!!

Old 09-15-2013, 03:32 PM   #35
boysbrew2012
Recipes 

So I am back with an update or question really.....I used canned raspberry puree when i made the wort. It is in the 2ndary fermenter and the razz puree from the bottom is floating to the top. Should I be worried? or is this a good sign and once all the puree has floated to the top, should I bottle???

I should also add it looks like fermentation has kicked in again as my bubbler started up again....it smells fantastic so pretty boggled about now

Never done a sour before so I am curious as to what is going on?

Any insight would be great.

Thanks

Quick Reply