Spike Brewing 12.5 Conical Fermenter Giveaway - Enter Now!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Lambic & Wild Brewing > question about temperature fluctuations

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-21-2013, 10:37 PM   #1
Matteo57
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 12 Times on 11 Posts

Default question about temperature fluctuations

My garage gets really hot during the summer months (up to about 90s probably maybe sometimes) and I have an oud bruin that I have sitting in my fermentation chamber currently so it doesn't get too hot. The oud bruin I used only rosalare to ferment it and sour it up. It currently is starting to get a pelicle forming. I brewed it back a little over a month ago (July 15th). Brewing during the summer I have a hard time getting wort to pitching temps, so I usually get it down to around 75-85 and then transfer to carboys and throw into ferm chamber (chest freezer) and drop temps that way.
My question is, since I would rather not move my oud bruin carboy around a lot, is it going to mess with whats going on if I was to drop the temp 10-15 degrees and then have it sit probably a good 10 degrees cooler since the freezer will turn off and on throughout fermentation to keep the fermenting wort at around 66-68 degrees?

Thanks for the feedback!

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply