Happy HolidaySs Giveaway - Last Sponsor Giveaway of the Year!

Come Enter the BrewDeals/FastFerment Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Lambic & Wild Brewing > Plate Counts on brett, sacch, pedio, and lacto

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-08-2013, 12:06 AM   #1
failbeams
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Default Plate Counts on brett, sacch, pedio, and lacto

So I'm doing a study on wild ale fermentation, and I am looking for a way to enumerate yeast and bacteria as the wild ale matures. I'm on a budget, so I was thinking plate counts with the right differential media would be best. My question is, are there differential medias that will separate Brett from Sacch? Or would I have to do a combined plate and a Brett plate and calculate the difference? Also, does anyone have any experience with plate counts for pedio or lacto? I feel like CFUs won't be very accurate, due to the fact that they often form tetrads and strands.

I'm pretty confident I'm going about this the hard way, but hopefully it will be cheap(er).

Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks!

Fortune Favors the Bold

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply