Last week to Enter the Spike Brewing 20 Gallon Sight Glass Kettle Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Lambic & Wild Brewing > Pitching Dregs Post Fermentation / End of fermentation

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-09-2012, 04:32 PM   #1
aorloski
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Default Pitching Dregs Post Fermentation / End of fermentation

So i have 6 gallons of an imperial stout that i dont really want 6 gallons of, rather 5, so i am thinking of experimenting with the extra gallon.

Fermentation has already halted / is coming to an end with an OG of 1090 and gravity reading as of today around 1020 (not as low as i would want but its slowly getting lower)

my question now is, can i still pitch the dregs from say a russian river or jolly pumpkin beer in one gallon of this beer and see any results (even if the resulting beer sucks, i am just trying something new).

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-09-2012, 05:18 PM   #2
MrOrange
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 31 Times on 26 Posts
Likes Given: 45

I did exactly this with a robust porter that I had. I added cherries to one gallon of it and then pitched the dregs from a Jolly Pumpkin Bier de Mars. It soured really fast, like 2-3 months, and turned out to be one of my best beers. it is definitely worth trying especially if your just using a gallon.

imag0223.jpg  

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply