*Ss Brewing Technologies Giveaway - Enter Now!*

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Lambic & Wild Brewing > Looking for inspiration for a 13 gal carboy

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-09-2012, 05:12 PM   #1
Shift
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 6 Times on 5 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Default Looking for inspiration for a 13 gal carboy

I got a call from my mother who was helping a friend clear out their garage or something. Anyway she wondered if I was interested in a (free) 13 gal carboy, of course I was, now i'm just wondering to do with it.
Initially my thought was to brew two ~6 gal batches of a simple plain lambic recipe and "secondary" in there so i could draw off a couple gallons to age on fruit(thinking black- and redcurrant) while still having some lambic left(which might be refreshed, solera style).

I won't be able to fill it until autumn but by then I'd have a batch of flanders red that should be ready for bottling, so there might be a ~1 year old roselare yeast cake available.

Bottles: Flanders Red 2011, ESB
In primary(s): Dirty Belgian dark strong, Flanders Red 2012, Marris Otter Barleywine, Kitchen-cleaning-Porter
Long term carboy:

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply