The Great Bottle Opener Giveaway

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Lambic & Wild Brewing > Jolly Pumpkin dregs

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-24-2013, 01:54 PM   #11
dcHokie
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 238 Times on 183 Posts
Likes Given: 172

Quote:
Originally Posted by abrix View Post
@dcHokie: yes, but with the caveat that there were dregs from 5 or 6 other sour beers added in the beginning as well. We inoculated a brown ale after doing primary with a clean yeast, then transferred to a used bourbon barrel to inoculate the barrel. Now we run sours through the barrel, which is holding up nicely as a reservoir for the bugs.
Good to hear. Some of the JP-spiked beers I've done have been bracingly sour, but I'm getting ready to package a sour saison that is quite nice and I'll likely reuse a portion of that cake for another sour this weekend.

Aging: Sour Solera, Flemish Gold, Repas du Matin Sour Table Beer, Flanders Red, Anejo Rum Sour, Brett Brown, Sour blonde, Funky Barleywine Barrel, Sour Rye Whiskey Barrel
Bottled: Cherry Oud Bruin, Le Batard Solera, Sour Stout, Wild Ale, Brett Belgian Rye Stout, Berliner Weisse, FlandersPale, Brett Old Ale, Funky Fig Saison, Mango BGSA, Rapture RIS, Brett Saison

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply