The Great Bottle Opener Giveaway

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Lambic & Wild Brewing > Ideas/recipes for Wyeast De Bom?

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-07-2014, 02:19 AM   #1
grittanomyces
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 5 Times on 5 Posts
Likes Given: 4

Default Ideas/recipes for Wyeast De Bom?

A spin-off of the this thread, announcing "Sourpalooza" offerings from July to September: http://www.homebrewtalk.com/f127/wye...alooza-480559/

I'm really excited about the De Bom strain, both because it sounds unique and because of the quick turnaround time. The temp range is huge for me, because I don't have a way to keep the fermentation temp at 80 except these summer months in GA when it's that temp range inside most of the time even in spite of the AC.

So pretty much I get one crack at this. I'd like to get creative with it, but I'm really not sure what to make of "authentic Old- and New-World sour ale profiles".

New to sour brewing as well. I'd like to try a sour IPA, though it doesn't say anything about "hop tolerance" or intolerance, so gladly take advice on anything to keep in mind or know.

But this thread doesn't just have to be about me either. Chime in if you have any plans or suggestions on how to make something good with this unknown strand.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-07-2014, 06:19 PM   #2
MileHighBrewer
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 17 Times on 16 Posts
Likes Given: 7

I'm using my enkle recipe since its easy, and seems to go well with sour cultures. Plus I like doing the same or very similar beers to test out new stuff. I already know what this beer does with other producers blends so it's an easy benchmark

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply