The Great Bottle Opener Giveaway

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Lambic & Wild Brewing > Effect of bottling on acidity

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-24-2012, 08:32 PM   #1
jamesmp
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Default Effect of bottling on acidity

I've got a lambic that I pitched the wyeast lambic blend and let sit in primary for a year. I pulled a sample today and found the gravity higher than expected (1.014), it was tart, but not very, and had a flavor that reminded me of licking a rubber stopper. Now, the flavor could have been due to the old turkey baster I used to pull a sample, or it could be extremely autolyzed, but any opinions on what to do next?

Once bottled I assume the air introduced during bottling will increase the acetic acid production somewhat, and carbonation will increase the perception of sourness so I could bottle it and let it age that way, or I could transfer it to secondary and give it more time, or something else?

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply