ECY on love2brew.com right now!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Finally decided to pull the trigger - picked up some Dirty Dozen and Bug County :rockin:

All sold out of dirty dozen. Dang it!!! I just checked their website last night too

I got big country last month off the site but if u don't get it within hours you aren't going to get it

If anyone in the Milwaukee to Chicago area wants a fresh yeast cake from an October batch with ECY20 plus some mixed dregs, let me know. I have a growler full from the bottom of my conical which I couldn't let myself wash down a drain this week. So it's chilling in my keezer for now.

What is the availability like? Someone told me you basically can't get your hands on ECY unless you know Al or love next to Love2Brew?

If you are on the list you will get an email. The allotment is usually sold out in minutes. I've gotten a bunch over the last couple years, but missed out on so much more because it goes so fast.

If you are on the list you will get an email. The allotment is usually sold out in minutes. I've gotten a bunch over the last couple years, but missed out on so much more because it goes so fast.

All you really need to do is email subscribe to this thread and you'll be able to get some each time it's for sale as long as you monitor your email somewhat. I've been able to get what I wanted when it's for sale every time I've wanted some and skipped ordering anything a bunch of time. It's really not that bad.

My phone notifies me when someone posts in this thread, which helps. I would have been able to get ECY this time had I needed any. I still got Bug County from January though. Slacking on my wild brewing

My phone notifies me when someone posts in this thread, which helps. I would have been able to get ECY this time had I needed any. I still got Bug County from January though. Slacking on my wild brewing

I'm talking of the email list from the shop that Al stops by and drops off at.

If I were to rely on this thread I don't think I'd have gotten any of his stuff. Which you somewhat solidified just now.

And I hear you. I'm way behind as well.

I've been able to get everything I wanted by visiting the page often and checking when this thread is updated. Sometimes it takes patience but isn't that what sour brewing is all about?

I just this weekend used my bottle of Bug County (or Bug Farm) from January. Best by 07/15, so it was a little old. I also added a packet of roselare and some other assorted bugs due to its age.

I think my BugCounty is good through mid 2016. I've got a little bottling to do, but I'll be pitching a bottle on top of the cake from Gigayeast Sour Cherry Funk.

I've been able to get everything I wanted by visiting the page often and checking when this thread is updated. Sometimes it takes patience but isn't that what sour brewing is all about?

Exactly this. I only found out about ECY through this thread and have been able to get it on multiple occasions from posts here, even decided to not buy some a few times when I've had the opportunity.

I think my BugCounty is good through mid 2016. I've got a little bottling to do, but I'll be pitching a bottle on top of the cake from Gigayeast Sour Cherry Funk.

Sorry to threadjack, but how'd that Sour Cherry FUnk work out? I'm looking forward to trying that at some point.

Sorry to threadjack, but how'd that Sour Cherry FUnk work out? I'm looking forward to trying that at some point.

So far so good. Its been about 6 weeks in primary. I checked on it two weeks ago and it had a thin white pellicle on top of it. Aromas of acid, leather, cherry, and citrus. GY updated their site with some more info. Low IBU seems to be key for this yeast. Mine was slightly less than 9. I also made a starter for my batch combined with some JP dregs.

I'll be updating the proper thread with those findings when I taste it this weekend. According to the manufacturer, it should be prime and ready to go. We will see. The thread is here:

https://www.homebrewtalk.com/showthread.php?t=531671

You realize how excited a bunch of people suddenly got when they saw this thread updated... That's just cruel!

Best 5 seconds of my morning, until I realized there wasn't any ECY.

Shipping isn't bad if you order a couple vials and choose USPS for shipping. IMO the cultures are worth it, especially the wild/brett offerings when you consider the ridiculously high cell counts.

I agree that USPS and buying several vials at once probably makes it worth it, but it's not an ideal time for ground shipping via USPS across the country either. It would suck for it to get delayed/frozen somewhere.

Shipping isn't bad if you order a couple vials and choose USPS for shipping. IMO the cultures are worth it, especially the wild/brett offerings when you consider the ridiculously high cell counts.

Unfortunately USPS just took 15 days to deliver a package from TX to CA. I wouldn't want yeast that may have the potential of leaking take 2 or 3 weeks to get here. :(

Unfortunately USPS just took 15 days to deliver a package from TX to CA. I wouldn't want yeast that may have the potential of leaking take 2 or 3 weeks to get here. :(

L2B sends them USPS 2-day Priority, I think that beats UPS, definitely for coast to coast.
They should ship out today, so delivery would be Saturday, no lay-overs.

Thanks for the heads up! Usually I monitor the twitters and find out that way but nothing for this round.

I almost feel a little bad since this is the second time this year I loaded up on Bug Country, love it :ban:

Back