Electric Brewing Supply 30A BCS Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Lambic & Wild Brewing > EBY/BBA Brettanomyces Experiment

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-19-2013, 09:20 PM   #11
lawbadger
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 4 Times on 4 Posts
Likes Given: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brewbien View Post
As long as you are willing to participate in the experiment, 1 is fine as far as I can tell.
I actually ended up going back to update my info to add an additional strain.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-19-2013, 09:33 PM   #12
Brewbien
Feedback Score: 19 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 142 Times on 102 Posts
Likes Given: 68

Quote:
Originally Posted by lawbadger View Post
I actually ended up going back to update my info to add an additional strain.
Which ones did you get?

Old 07-20-2013, 03:35 AM   #13
lawbadger
Recipes 

Liked 4 Times on 4 Posts
Likes Given: 2

Quote:
Which ones did you get?
I went for EBY021 B. bruery I and EBY035 B. cucurbita II. I'm a fan of The Bruery and Jolly Pumpkin. I was hoping to snag the other Jolly Pumpkin strain (EBY019 B. cucurbita I), but they were all spoken for.

Old 07-20-2013, 11:27 AM   #14
kerosin
Recipes 

Liked 7 Times on 6 Posts

Quote:
I went for EBY021 B. bruery I and EBY035 B. cucurbita II. I'm a fan of The Bruery and Jolly Pumpkin. I was hoping to snag the other Jolly Pumpkin strain (EBY019 B. cucurbita I), but they were all spoken for.
@lawbadger: May I ask you to send me an email to contacteurekabrewing(at)gmail.com with your shipping address as mentioned in the post to make your paticipation official?
Quote:
Is there a minimum number of strains you want participants to sign up for or would signing up for only one variety work?
The minimum number of strains is one. And you can choose as many strains as you like. Please only choose strains you are going to test.

If someone would like to test all the twenty yeast strains for the experiment (maybe as a homebrew club?), contact me directly (contacteurekabrewing(at)gmail.com). I have set some samples aside for such cases.

Registration is open until the 11th of August 2013.

Cheers and thanks to all the numerous participants,
Samuel

Old 07-20-2013, 06:16 PM   #15
ryanhope
Recipes 

Liked 23 Times on 18 Posts
Likes Given: 26

I just signed up for this project. Selected 14 strains since have a few other members of my homebrew club helping with this. Gonna do a 10gal batch. I really cant wait to hear everyones reports on these yeasts. Such an awesome opportunity here.

Thanks Sam!

Old 07-21-2013, 04:35 AM   #16
Brewbien
Feedback Score: 19 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 142 Times on 102 Posts
Likes Given: 68

Quote:
After having Sour In The Rye and Bois from The Bruery this weekend, both of which were phenomenal, I wish I would have picked the Bruery strain.
Old 07-21-2013, 09:42 AM   #17
kerosin
Recipes 

Liked 7 Times on 6 Posts

Quote:
After having Sour In The Rye and Bois from The Bruery this weekend, both of which were phenomenal, I wish I would have picked the Bruery strain.
B. bruery I is isolated from Saison de Rue and hence more a Saison Brett I guess.

Unfortunately, I can't get my hands on any sours from The Bruery here. Actually no real US sour beers at all (with the exception of Jolly Pumpkins and Jester King). So no chance for me to get any bugs from such beers.

If anyone participating in the experiment willing to send me some bugs or dregs, gets the Brett strains for free (I will cover the shipping costs myself and even send you some tubes with the Brett strains for returning them to me).

Cheers, Sam

Old 07-21-2013, 01:29 PM   #18
ryanhope
Recipes 

Quote:
Originally Posted by kerosin View Post
If anyone participating in the experiment willing to send me some bugs or dregs, gets the Brett strains for free (I will cover the shipping costs myself and even send you some tubes with the Brett strains for returning them to me).
Im brewing a sour now that was fermented with the dregs from Monks Cafe Flanders Red. I didnt save those dregs but I could get more. In my fridge I have the dregs from Goose Island Juliet and the brett from one of the Anchorage brett beers. I can also get my hands on more Saison de Rue.

Old 07-21-2013, 01:44 PM   #19
kerosin
Recipes 

Liked 7 Times on 6 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryanhope View Post
Im brewing a sour now that was fermented with the dregs from Monks Cafe Flanders Red. I didnt save those dregs but I could get more. In my fridge I have the dregs from Goose Island Juliet and the brett from one of the Anchorage brett beers. I can also get my hands on more Saison de Rue.
Would you send me dregs of the Goose Island and the Anchorage one? Never tried any Goose Island nor Anchorage beers before. Don't worry about the Saison de Rue. I can get this one myself. And don't worry about the Monks Cafe Flanders Red either. I don't want to encourage you to drink amazing beer just because of me

Old 07-21-2013, 01:54 PM   #20
ryanhope
Recipes 

Quote:
Originally Posted by kerosin View Post
Would you send me dregs of the Goose Island and the Anchorage one? Never tried any Goose Island nor Anchorage beers before. Don't worry about the Saison de Rue. I can get this one myself. And don't worry about the Monks Cafe Flanders Red either. I don't want to encourage you to drink amazing beer just because of me
Sure I could do that, I will need to step them up a little first. Also, I am going to be in Berlin from the 29th to the 5th. Not sure if that will help with the exchange at all.

Quick Reply