Spike Brewing 12.5 Conical Fermenter Giveaway - Enter Now!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Lambic & Wild Brewing > dandelion lambic

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-04-2011, 12:04 AM   #11
Thakog
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Quote:
Originally Posted by womencantsail View Post
Fantome Pissenlit is brewed with dandelions and it's easily my favorite beer from them.

They dry out the flowers and then soak them in water for a couple days before adding the "dandelion tea" into the beer. Unfortunately, I don't know much more about the process, but I would assume the "tea" is added to the boil. No idea how much per gallon would really be used, either.
You could probably use a food dehydrator to get the dandelions dry- I just added all my stuff to the boiling wort.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-04-2011, 02:40 AM   #12
uncommonsense
Recipes 

Liked 5 Times on 5 Posts

Cant wait for summer to brew this beer

Old 03-04-2011, 03:46 AM   #13
dwarven_stout
Recipes 

Liked 34 Times on 32 Posts
Likes Given: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by uncommonsense View Post
I got the idea from dandelion wine. I wanted to modify it for beer and thought a lambic may be nice.
That sounds tasty, actually. I thought you meant a "gruit" kind of lambic bittered with the greens.

"I can't believe how many people think Air Lock is pronounced Hydrometer." -BigKahuna
"If you gave me a beer with placenta in it without telling me I would kick you in the nuts." -ODaniel
"We be in a big hurry for dope beer with much alcamahol and flavor, quality, balance, and aroma don't matter. We just wantz to be druck, u know?" -Yooper

Old 03-04-2011, 10:15 AM   #14
uncommonsense
Recipes 

Liked 5 Times on 5 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by dwarven_stout

That sounds tasty, actually. I thought you meant a "gruit" kind of lambic bittered with the greens.
Well see I was thinking I would use the green to bitter it a little. I don't know though. I'm a play it how I feel it kinda guy so I'm ganna collect all the info I can from you guys and the interwebs and feel it out when the time comes to brew it.

Old 03-04-2011, 12:02 PM   #15
mutedog
Recipes 

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts
Likes Given: 5

The book Sacred and Herbal Healing Beers has a number of recipes for making dandelion beers, though these seem to focus more on using the leaves than the flowers.

Dandelion wine recipes I've seen have called for 2-3 quarts of dandelion flowers per gallon of wine you plan to produce.

Maker of weird beers

Old 03-24-2011, 05:50 PM   #16
Dunegan
Recipes 

I am brewing a Dandelion ESB recipe from The Hombrewer's Garden this Saturday. Try this one if you like a session beer, about 4% ABV. I made it last spring (2010) with Wyeast Thames Valley II, 9 oz of dandelion blossoms (mostly) and greens (a few). It came out a brilliant gold and very creamy smooth. The yeast is gone, so I'm using Thames Valley I this weekend. The French gave us "Danedelion" - Lion's Tooth, but they also call it "Pissenlit" or "wet the bed." Even after several, I never had a problem. :P

Old 03-24-2011, 08:08 PM   #17
barrooze
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 102 Times on 86 Posts
Likes Given: 130

I'm planning a dandelion beer using no hops and just the greens. I haven't found a field near me that has any yet, though the blue bonnets are starting to show up. I wonder how TX blue bonnets would be in a mash...

Kegged: Flanders Blonde, Saison (WLP585), Saison (Belle Saison), Mid-ABV Janet's Brown, Texas Brown Ale (A.K.A. The Creature) Primary: Octoberfest (ECY15), Sour Brown (ECY01) Souring: Oaked Brett Blended Saison On Deck: Pale ale, Ginger Beer On the Horizon: Epic Pale ale clone, Tonguesplitter Updated: 2014/08/23
Untappd: barrooze

Quick Reply