Happy HolidaySs Giveaway - Last Sponsor Giveaway of the Year!

Come Enter the BrewDeals/FastFerment Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Lambic & Wild Brewing > Bugs and Fermentation Temperature

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-27-2009, 01:57 PM   #1
cmdrico7812
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Default Bugs and Fermentation Temperature

I racked my sour beer to a secondary vessel after a month in the primary per advise received in my other posts. I currently have the secondary sitting in my basement which is at about 57 or 58 degrees. Is this too cold for the Brett bugs in the beer to do their work? Alternatively, will they still do their job but less efficiently or quickly? Should I move the secondary to a warmer environment for the duration of the aging process (another 10 months or so)? Thanks for your input.

Beer...it's awesome.

Zwei Brüder Brauerei

Planning: Nutcastle Brown, Founder's Breakfast Stout
Primary: Apfelwein w/Cherry
Secondary: Flanders Red, ESB2, ESB3, Hobgoblin PM
Bottle: Black Beauty Honey Rye, Holiday Chestnut Ale, Grumpy Gnome IPA, Sumatran Espresso Stout, Apfelwein, All Jacked Up, Patriot's Amber, ESB1, Belgian Dubbel.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-30-2009, 03:09 PM   #2
Saccharomyces
Be good to your yeast...
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 85 Times on 54 Posts
Likes Given: 2

Wyeast recommends 68*F or higher for their lactobacillus and brettanomyces cultures. I'd warm them up...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soperbrew
big brother only monitors facebook and untappd

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply