Spike Brewing 12.5 Conical Fermenter Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Lambic & Wild Brewing > Brewed my first sour

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-26-2011, 07:02 PM   #11
xjncoguyx
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 17 Times on 14 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReverseApacheMaster View Post
I can't speak to kegging myself but as far as bottles go some lacto strains can ferment anaerobically so they can survive in CO2 but they will go dormant once they run out of sugars to consume. I've never had a bottle bomb issue with lacto infected beers. I just prime as normal and let it run its course.
I was thinking i'll probably bottle these anyway and just prime, but that was my major concern, i'd hate to lose months of waiting on bottle bombs. Would be the saddest day ever. I'd rather not have any critters near my kegging setup anyway.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-30-2011, 03:34 PM   #12
BoundForBeer
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts
Likes Given: 1

I have been told any soft parts (bungs, gaskets, hose..possibly airlocks?) you will want to dedicate to sours....glass can be cleaned fine.. Never done a sour just what I have heard on several different sources (podcast,HBT)

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply