Happy HolidaySs Giveaway - Last Sponsor Giveaway of the Year!

Come Enter the BrewDeals/FastFerment Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Lambic & Wild Brewing > Brett + lager yeast = ?

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-05-2012, 07:41 PM   #11
pohldogg
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 31 Times on 18 Posts
Likes Given: 2

Every so often I think about a funky lager but then always end up questioning why. It just seems futile to work hard to keep yeast flavor minimized just to go and add a bunch of yeast flavor back in. Also since Brett produces much of it's flavor from yeast esters and by products it seems like a bretted lager may still end up being pretty clean. Probably taste like a badly made lager. Doesn't mean I'm not going to still do it one day.

Stillwater premium is amazing, and I did steal the idea and made a light lager wort fermented with jolly pumpkin. Still has a few months to go though.

Maybe just for S's & G's I'll make a lager at full ale temps and see what Brett dies with those flavors.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-06-2012, 05:57 PM   #12
buttcord
Recipes 

Liked 5 Times on 4 Posts
Likes Given: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by BryanThompson View Post
Can I get a link to this?
http://thebrewingnetwork.com/shows/866
Old 12-09-2012, 08:43 PM   #13
loftybrewer
Recipes 

Liked 6 Times on 6 Posts
Likes Given: 1

I actually have a big lager sitting at about 1.030 - down from 1.094. I am thinking of pulling it out of the cellar and dropping in some brett. Alternatively, I have some jp dregs sitting in the fridge waiting for some suga. I'm tasting it tonight to see which one seems like a better prospect.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply