Ss Brewing Technologies Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Lambic & Wild Brewing > Belgian IPA finished w/ Brett B

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-15-2010, 12:49 AM   #11
ryane
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 5 Times on 5 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaymo View Post
Another option is to stick with your single batch, add your brett b and wait until you get nice funk and the gravity stops dropping. At that point, do some dry-hopping just prior to bottling. That way you don't risk bottle bombs from brett chewing away at the newly-blended sugars.
if you fine and then add campden to the brett portion you really shouldnt have any problems, Ive done this now with a few lambics and Ive yet to experience a bottle bomb

The other reason I suggested blending, is that while dry hopping adds A LOT of aroma, it is a bit lacking in the flavor department, but maybe you could do a hop tea to add before bottling if you dont want to blend...

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-15-2010, 02:01 PM   #12
dcp27
Recipes 

Liked 118 Times on 114 Posts
Likes Given: 3

is there a temperature range you would suggest holding at once the brett B is added? the beer is going to be relatively hoppy to begin with and I plan on dry hopping with 1oz of chinook once the bretts are done, and I want a noticeable amount of funk, but not overwhelming

Old 05-14-2010, 10:02 PM   #13
devildancer
Recipes 

Likes Given: 2

I was wondering how this came out, or what your progress has been so far. I am brewing an IIPA tomorrow, planning on throwing Brett in the secondary then dry-hopping at the end.

Old 05-15-2010, 12:02 AM   #14
dcp27
Recipes 

Liked 118 Times on 114 Posts
Likes Given: 3

So I actually got sidetracked by other beers and forgot about this. I did something similar with a barleywine, but unfortunately thats still bulk aging so I don't know how it worked out. I'll hafta give this a go soon tho

Quick Reply