Spike Brewing 12.5 Conical Fermenter Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Lambic & Wild Brewing > Any luck with Cascade Brewing bugs?

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-29-2010, 03:09 PM   #1
wonderbread23
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 35 Times on 33 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Default Any luck with Cascade Brewing bugs?

Hi everyone. I have a bottle of Cascade's Sang Rouge staring me down and was thinking of culturing the bugs for an upcoming soured beer. The bottle says it is bottle conditioned, but was wondering if anyone has had luck culturing the bugs from a bottle?

Thanks!

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-30-2010, 08:02 PM   #2
B-Dub
Recipes 

Liked 9 Times on 7 Posts
Likes Given: 3

The only use lacto in the barrels. However, I tasted some brett in a few of their barrels when I was there last year.

Really great beer!!

BW

Old 04-05-2010, 06:51 PM   #3
dwarven_stout
Recipes 

Liked 34 Times on 32 Posts
Likes Given: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by B-Dub View Post
The only use lacto in the barrels. However, I tasted some brett in a few of their barrels when I was there last year.

Really great beer!!

BW
I know what you mean about the brett. They say they only use lacto, but I could have sworn I got brett in their Nightfall Blackberry Blonde.

I'd like to get my hands on a culture or barrel chips from Cascade. I'm working on getting a bug culture from Russian River, too.

"I can't believe how many people think Air Lock is pronounced Hydrometer." -BigKahuna
"If you gave me a beer with placenta in it without telling me I would kick you in the nuts." -ODaniel
"We be in a big hurry for dope beer with much alcamahol and flavor, quality, balance, and aroma don't matter. We just wantz to be druck, u know?" -Yooper

Old 04-05-2010, 09:29 PM   #4
B-Dub
Recipes 

Liked 9 Times on 7 Posts
Likes Given: 3

Ron is a personal friend going way back. I am so happy for him and Curtis.

I think the only brett is coming from the wines barrels. They really only add lacto. WY or WL will do with a low IBU.

They are really doing some of the best sours on the West Coast!!

IMO!!

http://www.oregonlive.com/mix/index.ssf/beer/cascade-brewing-makes-a-barrel-aged-sour-beer.html

Quick Reply