here are the images from the OP
Originally Posted by drummermattie02
1. The obvious, is this normal?
2. Does it have anything to do with the puree, or is this a pellicle?
3. Should I be worried about disturbing it, or is it OK to break through w/ a thief to take a sample every now and then?
4. When I'm ready to bottle, should I cold crash in the hopes that this will fall, or just siphon from underneath?
1. Can't tell if it's normal without the deets. what yeast did you use? you list lacto and "yeast" but don't say what type. bugs? brett only? sacch? mixed culture lambic blend? roselare?
2. It's probably the puree. i've used ghirardelli sweet ground white chocolate and it was the strangest looking floater you've ever seen. no pix tho doh! i'mm 90% sure it has to be puree related, but i've never personally used store bought fruit puree.
2. Go ahead and break through. if something happens don't do it again, but i'm sure it will be fine. it might be a good test. if it's a pellicle it should regrow in the void, if it's the puree it won't.
4. Just siphon from underneath.