I brewed up this piloncillo dubbel the other day:
85% Belgian Pilsner
10% Mexican piloncillo sugar
Yeast: 1762 Belgian Abbey II
And now I want to sour a gallon of it (which I've never done before). Here's what I'm thinking:
1) Throw some cherries, a couple oak cubes, and a little DME into the bottom of a 1gal bottle
2) Pitch the dregs of a RR Consecration
3) Let the bugs have at it for a few days, effectively creating a starter
4) Rack my piloncillo dubbel on top of the starter
5) Hide it in the closet for a year
What do you think?
Should I let the "starter" go for longer than a few days?
Does it matter that Consecration is bottled with a wine yeast?
Longtime lurker, first time poster.