Happy HolidaySs Giveaway - Last Sponsor Giveaway of the Year!

Come Enter the BrewDeals/FastFerment Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Lambic & Wild Brewing > Adding wine yeast to Lambic at bottling

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-19-2012, 02:42 PM   #1
Clint04
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 4 Times on 3 Posts
Likes Given: 6

Default Adding wine yeast to Lambic at bottling

I plan on bottling a Lambic this weekend, and was going to pick up a pack of wine yeast to add beforehand. My question is, when should I add it? When I rack into the bottling bucket? Should I add it the night before? Rehydrate or just dump the whole packet in dry?

Thanks!

Fermenting: Honey Saison (w/ Hill Farmstead yeast), Unblended Lambic, Cranberry Berliner Weisse

Bottled: Berliner Weisse, Brett L. Belgian Pale, Oatmeal Stout, Belgian Pale Ale, Rye Saison, Munich Helles

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-19-2012, 03:41 PM   #2
BryanThompson
Recipes 

Liked 22 Times on 19 Posts
Likes Given: 11

I usually add rehydrated yeast to the bottom of the bottling bucket then rack on top of it. This seems to mix the yeast in evenly.

Brute Brew Works
Primary: Epic Flemish Brown(15g) waiting to go into a bourbon barrel, Brett C. Blackberry Berliner, lambic waiting for fruit
Secondary: Sour Brown Ale from Black IPA second runnings sitting on 2.5lbs. blackberries and 2.5lbs mulberries
Bottled: Traditional Mead aged on Maker's 46 soaked oak, Brett Maibock

Old 12-19-2012, 05:20 PM   #3
Clint04
Recipes 

Liked 4 Times on 3 Posts
Likes Given: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by BryanThompson View Post
I usually add rehydrated yeast to the bottom of the bottling bucket then rack on top of it. This seems to mix the yeast in evenly.

That's what I was thinking about doing. Thanks for the input!

Fermenting: Honey Saison (w/ Hill Farmstead yeast), Unblended Lambic, Cranberry Berliner Weisse

Bottled: Berliner Weisse, Brett L. Belgian Pale, Oatmeal Stout, Belgian Pale Ale, Rye Saison, Munich Helles

Quick Reply