The Great Bottle Opener Giveaway

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Lambic & Wild Brewing > about time for my all brett beer

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-28-2010, 11:18 PM   #11
Bsquared
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 55 Times on 51 Posts
Likes Given: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisKennedy View Post
I got cheese and vomit from the WL Brett C. Mmmmmmmm.
I got Tijuana river and vomit with my two all Brett.c 's during fermentation with WLP645, but it went away after a month. It developed Pineapple and passion fruit after two months, but that is starting to fade at month 4.

This was a Amarillo bitter, I just started Carbonating a triple All Brett.C, but it defiantly lost that nasty aroma.

The flavor profile I found was quite underwhelming, my next all Brett will definitely be a blend of C and L.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-28-2010, 11:47 PM   #12
electric_beer
Recipes 

Liked 4 Times on 4 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryane View Post
funny you should ask I posted the recipe here

If you have any questions dont hesistate to ask, I just recently bottled another batch myself and Im really looking forward to it

Funny thing about this beer is that everyone who has tried it, thinks it tastes like something totally different. Ive had two people taste the exact same beer and one think it tastes like coriander and fruit, and another taste banana, clove and pepper. Personally I think it tastes like a fruity english beer with muted funk in the finish, I really like carbing this a bit highish ~2.8vols (for me this is very high!)
Sounds great and follows K.I.S.S. which I usually enjoy! Although, one question. You had both hop additions at 60mins...just wondering what your hopping schedule was. Thanks dude!

Old 01-29-2010, 12:16 AM   #13
ryane
Recipes 

Liked 5 Times on 5 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by electric_beer View Post
Sounds great and follows K.I.S.S. which I usually enjoy! Although, one question. You had both hop additions at 60mins...just wondering what your hopping schedule was. Thanks dude!
If you go back and look at the table youll notice that one side (left) is my AG recipe, the other (right side) is an extract equivalent of the recipe, so I only use 60min additions, FWIW I dont think it really matters what you use, as its only for bittering, also just making sure you noticed that this was a 2.5gal batch and had a slightly higher OG than normal, generally I try to keep it around 1050,

Last edited by ryane; 01-29-2010 at 12:18 AM.

Old 02-01-2010, 02:57 AM   #14
killian
Recipes 

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts
Likes Given: 4

So now I'm thinking that I will cut out the oats. The grain bill will be 80% pils 15% wheat 5% acid malt

damn I gotta brew something

Quick Reply