Get your HBT Growlers, Shirts and Membership before the Rush!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Lambic & Wild Brewing > 13 gallons of unintentionally wild Brown, can I use it?.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-16-2013, 07:43 PM   #71
COLObrewer
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 58 Times on 51 Posts
Likes Given: 4

This placed third in the big beers festival in Vail (Belgian Specialty category (16E)), I'll post the scoresheets when I recieve them to conclude this thread, I can't wait to see the comments, I believe there has to be at least one certified judge at each table. http://bigbeersfestival.com/1images/...nesWinners.pdf

This has been a great journey and I'm happy I still have a bunch of bottles left, whenever I wonder if it's all worth it or not I just go to the cellar and pop one of these for instant re-assurance.

Brew on my friends

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-16-2013, 08:06 PM   #72
mors
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 83 Times on 76 Posts
Likes Given: 108

Nice. Congrats.

Old 01-16-2013, 08:07 PM   #73
sicklesr
Recipes 

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts
Likes Given: 2

Congratulations man! So much good can come from a "mistake"!

I had a random infection on a 5 gallon pumpkin ale that was in my basement (9/1/2012), and I checked HBT before I dumped it. My pellicle looks the same, and its been in primary for about 4 months now. When I taste it now, the sourness has taken over most of the nutmeg/cinnamin spice flavor, but the pumpkin still stands out on the back and.

Since it's pumpkin based, should I hit it with some more roasted mashed pumpkin to 'feed' it? Or should I just brew a few gallons of a light brown ale to mix with? Let it go and bottle it come June (for drinking in fall)? I'm not really sure where to go, and any opinions are welcomed!

Primary || Hop Face Punch ||
Secondary || "Intentional" Sour Pumpkin Ale ||
Bottles || Big Brew Day Belgian, Apline Spring Clone, Rooibos Red Ale, Hudson Valley Hard Cider, "First" All Grain Stout, Rye Pale Ale ||

Old 08-23-2013, 04:23 PM   #74
COLObrewer
Recipes 

Liked 58 Times on 51 Posts
Likes Given: 4

This is awesome, the peeps at Avery donated some bombers of this golden ale to the winners of the festival and I recieved mine a few days ago.

It has a label on the bag of the participant and their winning entry, a nice touch I thought.

This beer is paying off. I forgot I haven't posted the scoresheets from the festival, I'll look for them and finish off this thread.

Newer, better, more streamlined sig as per the forum police.

Quick Reply