1 gallon experiments

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CorporateHippie

Reaction score
Just thought I would share a pic of some experimentals I have in the works. I love pulling a gallon off of almost every brew and trying something crazy with it. From right to left they are as follows:

Cider on blueberries
Cider on mangos
Milk stout with Brett
Golden ale with lacto and lemons
Cider with a wild yeast I harvested in my yard a while back.
Belgian dubbel with Brett.

I have a Berliner up next on the brew schedule and I plan on racking a couple gallons onto different types of fruit. After that is an all Brett IPA that will secondary on Mangos. View attachment ImageUploadedByHome Brew1418951466.174953.jpg

I started doing this using 1 gallon glass carboys too. I've been pulling a gallon off the brew after it's cooled from the boil and pitching some various bottle dregs from sour and brett beers. I haven't used any fruit yet....

I'm having fun experimenting with it!

I was gonna get 5 2 gal plastic fermenter buckets from lhbs for a blonde ale...my wife wants a cranberry blonde but I'm thinking with 5 pails I can do 5 different fruits in paint strainer bags....thinking kiwi, cranberry, crab-apple, watermelon, and strawberries

Just thought I'd give an update and say that my dubbel with Brett got weirder. I decided to add 10 oz of Melbec red wine, 5 oz of sugar, and lacto. I have no idea what creature I am creating but it will stay asleep for a solid 6 more months...minimum.

Latest posts

Back