Originally Posted by EdWort
What are you going to use for a mash tun and what is your sparge method?
Here is the equipment that I will have to do so:
* 30 qt turkey fryer and gas burner
* 10 gallon rubbermaid mash tun converted over with flyguys help (Cheap & Easy 10 Gallon Rubbermaid MLT Conversion)
* Stainless steel false bottom (plastic tubing to go to spigot)
* copper wort chiller, the pool will also be cold which I dip into and have found that works really well too.
* 6.5 gallon glass carboy
* bucket with spigot
* stiring sticks
* PH 5.2
* cleaning solutions
* little stuff I can't think of
I plan on Batch Sparging.
Beersmith says to mash in with 17.38 qt of water and sparge with 7 qt at 75% effeciency. I don't know if that means with each batch or what.
Also, what Mash profile should I be using for Batch sparging.
Just did some more math and if I initially mash with 17 qts of water or just over 4.25 gallons of water. That is 3.18 gallons into the pot at the first draining with 75% efficiency. I then need 4.3 gallons more.
Seems like doing 2 sparges to yield 2.15 each or 2.86 gallons of hot water in each batch. This should get me close to the 7.5 gallons to boil.