HBT 2014 Big Giveaway - 4/10 Re-Draw Winners Posted!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Recipes/Ingredients > You Know What Really Grinds My Gears? [Recipe Edition]

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-29-2012, 01:54 PM   #71
badhabit
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 10 Times on 10 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by topherm View Post
too many different types of hops. There is still a science to hop additions, and it certainly is not more is better. I hate these guys that think their iipa is a groundbreaking new invention just because they use 35 different hops. Unless you are using a new hop, it's pretty much all been done, and there is a reason that most good recipes are fairly simple!

Also, anyone who follows my posts know my biggest recipe pet peeve is when people call their beer something like a hefeweizen even through it doesn't have enough or any wheat and doesn't use noble hops, or a kolsch when it isn't made with kolsch yeast, or a lager when they ferment it at ale temps.

I hate the "i can call it anything i want" arguements i get into with these guys. It's like me calling my apa an imperial flemish cream stout. Can i call it that? I guess...first amendment rights and all. Is it that? No! There are definitions and standards for a reason!
+1

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply