New Giveaway - Wort Monster Conical Fermenter!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Recipes/Ingredients > Yeast Swap?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-23-2007, 07:27 PM   #11
the_bird
10th-Level Beer Nerd
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 340 Times on 281 Posts
Likes Given: 92

As much as I love you guys, it would be hard for me to trust ANYONE else's sanitation when it comes to adding yeast to my beer. If it were something really interesting or hard to come by (anyone got some clean Pacman left?), maybe; otherwise, I'd rather drop the couple bucks for fresh.

"I'm kind of toasted. But I looked at my watch and it's only 6:30 so I can't stop drinking yet." - Yooper's Bob
"Brown eye finally recovered after the abuse it endured in Ptown last weekend, but it took almost a full week." - Paulie
"no, he just doesn't speak 'stupid'. i, however, am fluent...." - motobrewer
"... I'll go both ways." - Melana

That'll do, Pigley. That'll do.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-23-2007, 07:28 PM   #12
Cheesefood
Recipes 

Liked 27 Times on 18 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_bird
As much as I love you guys, it would be hard for me to trust ANYONE else's sanitation when it comes to adding yeast to my beer. If it were something really interesting or hard to come by (anyone got some clean Pacman left?), maybe; otherwise, I'd rather drop the couple bucks for fresh.
If it makes you feel any better, I use the finest urine available - straight from Miles' diaper. Pure virgin urine.

Past Winners: Caramel Cream Ale #1, Hoegaarden Clone, Boom-Boom Vanilla Ale, Lazy Monk Abbey Style, Amarillo Cream Ale. (AG),

Buy a shirt now!!! Please! Did I help you? Buya shirt!
Cool Shirts.

Old 10-24-2007, 12:42 AM   #13
mrkristofo

Recipes 

Liked 4 Times on 4 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_bird
Simple enough to evaluate, though. If you pitch a starter you'll certainly be able to tell if there were any bacteria in there or not.

But, I see your concern.
Conditioning: Dead Guy Ale clone, Double-Dubbel
Drinking: Not for a while

Old 10-24-2007, 01:17 AM   #14
landhoney

Recipes 

Liked 6 Times on 6 Posts

I have a frozen yeast bank, I'm pretty sure I have some pacman in there. The only yeast I need is Wyeast's VSS Bier de Garde - it is supposedly Fantome's primary strain. I emailed Wyeast and they said they will re-release it at some point and will try to let me know when.

edit> They just emailed me back: (I asked if it was the Fantome strain)

"This could be a possible origin of 3725. If it comes out in 2008, it will probably be in the 3rd or 4th quarter. If you would like to experiemnt with another saison strain, 3711 is a current VSS strain."

Last edited by landhoney; 10-24-2007 at 01:19 AM.

Quick Reply