Happy HolidaySs Giveaway - Winners Re-Re-Re-Re-Drawn - 24 hours to Claim!

Get your HBT Growlers, Shirts and Membership before the Rush!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Recipes/Ingredients > Winter Seasonal Recipes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-20-2009, 04:38 PM   #1
oswegan
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 7 Times on 5 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Default Winter Seasonal Recipes

What are your favorite winter seasonal beers and/or recipes?

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-21-2009, 01:51 PM   #2
Oldsock
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 190 Times on 130 Posts
Likes Given: 115

Pretty much anything dark and or strong. Imperial Stout (or pretty much any stout besides Dry Irish), Porter, Wee Heavy, Barleywine, Doppelbock, Belgian Strong Dark, Dubble, Weizenbock, etc… I also like to do a big super hoppy IPA once the new hop harvest comes in, and I drink sours pretty much year round.

The problem with most big beer is that they need some time to mellow, so get brewing soon if you want to be drinking it this winter.

Check out The Mad Fermentationist for my adventures in fermentation and my book: American Sour Beers!

Old 09-21-2009, 03:57 PM   #3
oswegan
Recipes 

Liked 7 Times on 5 Posts
Likes Given: 1

I have two fresh hop beers coming on at the end of the month and a stout that I have been aging that I'll probably put on in the winter, and a little wee heavy batch that is still in primary. I know I'm going to do a coconut porter and probably a pils, but I am trying to think of a nice winter seasonal to work in there, maybe an ale along the lines of Ebenezer, Jubel Ale or Wassail. I am curious if anyone has a proven recipe that they have liked before for that type of thing.

Quick Reply