Who uses Mt Hood hops?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If you're a hophead, take a pass. Mt. Hood is low-alpha with a noble aroma. I've got one in my garden, because most noble hops don't do well around here.

*raises hand and jumps up and down*

I do, I do.

I love Mt Hood honestly. I "typically" only use noble type hops and I am a big fan of Mt Hood. A lot of the time I would say that I prefer it more than Hallertauer. Of course, YMMV.

They are a great replacement for hallertau... I think they have a higher yield when growing them, I have a few planted.

I like them but I interchange them with hallertau, tett and a few others as a clean, low alpha hop.

I have late additioned some English pale ales that turned out nice.

Hi.
I'm Shawn and I use Mt. Hood Hops.

Currently starring in a Dunkelweizen, an Altbeir and soon, in theatres near you, the Summer Blockbuster Marionberry Hefe.

I just threw some in my Altbier. Because they are clean, I think they tend to be used in lagers most of the time. Since Alts are also suppose to be clean, I'm trying the mt hood for clean bittering.

I am currently working on an IPA recipe with MT hood centennial magnum and dry cascade. I am using the mt hood for the spiciness and noble aromas. I was supposed to brew it last weekend but now it looks like this weekend I will let you know how it goes.

i did a nice, light-ish blonde ale at 1.046 OG with only magnum for bittering and 3/4 oz dry hopped mt. hood, and it is one tasty damn beer. Mt. hood is one of my faves.

I used them a couple of years ago in a light lager - I think I was trying to make a Mexican Cervesa for the summer - and they worked real well. I think I recall using them because Hallertau weren't to be had during "the great hop shortage".

Back