Electric Brewing Supply 30A BCS Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Recipes/Ingredients > What's the right thanksgiving beer?

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-24-2007, 04:40 PM   #21
Mutilated1
Beer Drenched Executioner
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 35 Times on 26 Posts
Likes Given: 1

For thanksgiving I'm planning on serving a couple of 1.5 Litre bottles of EdWort's Apfelwein that I'm saving.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-24-2007, 04:49 PM   #22
BierMuncher
...My Junk is Ugly...
HBT_MODERATOR.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 591 Times on 347 Posts
Likes Given: 222

Quote:
Originally Posted by massappeal120
So I would like to start my 2nd batch of homebrew by thursday night. Looking at the time schedule this will be a late november beer, hopefully drinkable by thanksgiving. So what do I do? I was leanin towards a Russian Imperial stout, but now I am thinking thats probably way too heavy an ale to be coupled with thanksgiving gorging. Plus it would be perfect for the batch after as it will be nice and cold by then perfect weather for an ale built for siberia. So what then? IPA seems like an alright fit but I just did an english pale ale and wanted something a lil diff. Porter maybe? Heffe? I dont liek the pumpkin beers that always pop up at this time of year so that is out. If i could do lagers i think a dopplebock would fit nicely inbetween pale ale and imperial. Anyone know of anything dopplebock-esque that is int eh ale category. Flaverful medium to dark beer german or belgian preferably. hmm??? Lemme know.
I don’t think you have time for anything too heavy or complex.

Like Cheese said, too much food being stuffed down the gullet to lay on a heavy beer.

With four weeks, I’d go with a Blonde Ale, A Belgian Wit (nice and spicy for the cold weather…) or maybe you can even rush a quasi Old Ale like an Old Speckled Hen. It’s a great sipping beer for fireside. Mines right at 4-weeks and very drinkable right now.

A lot also depends on are you bottling or kegging?

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply