Home Brew Forums

Home Brew Forums (http://www.homebrewtalk.com/forum.php)
-   Recipes/Ingredients (http://www.homebrewtalk.com/f12/)
-   -   Whats the current Nugget Nectar recipe? (http://www.homebrewtalk.com/f12/whats-current-nugget-nectar-recipe-367055/)

sivdrinks 11-11-2012 09:36 PM

Whats the current Nugget Nectar recipe?
 
Lots of threads with different grain bills. I believe the one with Pilsner as the main base as opposed to Vienna.

sivdrinks 11-13-2012 12:13 PM

Anyone? If not I'm going with my 9lb Pils, 2lb Munich and 2lb Vienna bill. I get about 80% efficiency with BIAB.

max129 01-17-2013 03:53 PM

How'd this turn out? I'd like to make a Nugget Nectar clone soon, but as you mentioned, there's 3 or 4 different recipes floating around HBT.

sivdrinks 01-17-2013 04:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by max129
How'd this turn out? I'd like to make a Nugget Nectar clone soon, but as you mentioned, there's 3 or 4 different recipes floating around HBT.

Probably keg this weekend, dry hopped for 7 days. Samples were promising, just got a case last night for comparisons. Post back in a week or so.

sivdrinks 01-26-2013 04:09 AM

So it's been on gas for 5 days including a shake carb which worked out well. My beer finished at 1.014 which seems thin compared to the real thing, maybe I should degas one for science. Mine needs more Munich I think and more of a dank dry and finishing hop. Troegs website only states Nugget for dry hop, I used Columbus and Simcoe as well per a "clone" recipe. Gonna email Troegs, see what they'll give me.

sivdrinks 01-26-2013 02:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sivdrinks
So it's been on gas for 5 days including a shake carb which worked out well. My beer finished at 1.014 which seems thin compared to the real thing, maybe I should degas one for science. Mine needs more Munich I think and more of a dank dry and finishing hop. Troegs website only states Nugget for dry hop, I used Columbus and Simcoe as well per a "clone" recipe. Gonna email Troegs, see what they'll give me.

Checked the hydro sample this morning of last nights real NN sample, 1.017. I guess mash higher or start with a higher OG.

sivdrinks 01-28-2013 02:21 AM

Good beer, not NN. More Munich, higher mash temp or OG and try all Nugget for dry hop.

CityOChampBrew 01-28-2013 02:32 AM

Not sure on a clone, but I hope this years NN is better than last years... Maybe it's just me, could be the brewery move they made, but I thought last years was really crappy

max129 01-28-2013 03:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sivdrinks (Post 4834321)
Good beer, not NN. More Munich, higher mash temp or OG and try all Nugget for dry hop.

Thanks for the update. I'll probably replace a pound of the Pils with Munich. What temp did you mash at?

sivdrinks 01-28-2013 12:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by max129

Thanks for the update. I'll probably replace a pound of the Pils with Munich. What temp did you mash at?

Around 150. I got 80% attenuation with a S05 yeast cake, YMMV.


All times are GMT. The time now is 08:20 AM.

Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.