Happy HolidaySs Giveaway - Last Sponsor Giveaway of the Year!

Come Enter the BrewDeals/FastFerment Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Recipes/Ingredients > What style beer would you say this is ?

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-09-2007, 08:21 PM   #11
Mutilated1
Beer Drenched Executioner
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 35 Times on 26 Posts
Likes Given: 1

hmmm well my original gravity wasn't quite that high ( 1.065 )

I'd like to try it again and follow the sweetwater 420 clone recipe more closely, but just judging by the smell and taste ( I sampled when I took my hydrometer reading ) its going to be excellent.

Let me ask you guys a followup question... When you add the hops, is it normal for the hop scent to not become apparent right away ? I mean as I was cooking and cooling, it didn't smell like there was going to be as much hop aroma as I expected, but this morning I had to clean out the airlock and I accidentally pushed the little plastic o-ring thing into the fermenter so I cracked it open to see if I could fish it out - wow it really smelled awesomely hoppy. I couldn't see the o-ring so I just got another one from a spare fermenting bucket I have.

oh well anyway, yeah the hop scent ... is it normal that the hop scent doesn't become apparent maybe until later ?

It didn't smell nearly so hoppy as I was cooking and cooling. Smells freaking fantastic this morning though.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply