Happy HolidaySs Giveaway - Last Sponsor Giveaway of the Year!

Come Enter the BrewDeals/FastFerment Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Recipes/Ingredients > What do you think of this Imperial Hefeweizen Recipe?

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-22-2010, 03:00 AM   #11
kzoobrew
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by 944play View Post
If you're using Weihenstephan yeast, you're likely to get a result similar to Vitus...

...which is a weizenbock.

Agreed, Vitus tastes alot like an Imperial hefe to me if there were such a thing. The great thing about weizenbocks is how they can span from the lighter to the more dark and rich.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-01-2010, 05:18 PM   #12
kinkothecarp
Recipes 

Liked 6 Times on 3 Posts

I just wanted to let everyone know how this turned out. We basically pitched the recipe on a Hefe yeastcake from the Weihestaphan clone (which is near exact). I went climbing, and the temperature rose to 85 and I couldn't be around to regulate, meaning the brew was nearly 83-84' with the cooling I had setup. This was too hot and made BANNANAs everywhere. So I had 4oz Chinook hops, we dry-hopped it with them to cover up some bannana. The final beer was excellent. I highly reccomend it if you have a yeast cake and don't know what to do with it.

Check out my new company. Delicious 100% Beef Jerky, shipped to your door!
www.pioneerjerky.com

Old 06-01-2010, 07:45 PM   #13
maskednegator
Recipes 

Liked 8 Times on 8 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Sounds great.
Also, there are definitely pale weizenbocks. They aren't all dunkels, there are definitely helles versions.

Quick Reply