Ss Brewing Technologies Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Recipes/Ingredients > Wee Heavy
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-24-2007, 01:42 PM   #1
FSR402
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
FSR402's Avatar
Recipes 
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Jenison, MI
Posts: 2,878
Liked 16 Times on 14 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Default Wee Heavy

I'm thinking of doing a few big beers for the long cold Michigan winter that's on it's way.
I love wee heavy's and would like to make one.
Looking at the northern brewer's wee heavy "kit".
Is this any good? Have any of you brewed this? Do you have a good AG recipe for a wee heavy that you would like to share?

__________________
TWO FISTED BREWING CO.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr_cad View Post
Its nice when you and your friends have comparable equipment.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Walker-san View Post
some people will tap anything that has a hole.
Buy Two Fisted Brewing gear
FSR402 is offline
 
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-28-2007, 08:37 PM   #2
sudbuster
This ain't my first rodeo....
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
sudbuster's Avatar
Recipes 
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Western Arkansas
Posts: 4,068
Liked 273 Times on 215 Posts
Likes Given: 95

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by FSR402
I'm thinking of doing a few big beers for the long cold Michigan winter that's on it's way.
I love wee heavy's and would like to make one.
Looking at the northern brewer's wee heavy "kit".
Is this any good? Have any of you brewed this? Do you have a good AG recipe for a wee heavy that you would like to share?
Hi, FSR402 .....

Over the last few years, I have pretty much limited my brewing to German Lager, Pilsners, and Scottish Ales. Mmmmmmmmmmm! I'll PM you one of my favorites.

Skol !
__________________
sudbuster is offline
 
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-28-2007, 09:56 PM   #3
Kevin Dean
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Kevin Dean's Avatar
Recipes 
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Frederick, MD
Posts: 1,377
Liked 4 Times on 4 Posts

Default

I'm also in the market for a Wee Heavy, would you mind sending that my way as well, or better yet, posting it here so others can share the love?

__________________
Free State Project liaison to the homebrew hobby!

"What's your name? Well my mom calls me Son, and my cat calls me Meow, either will do." -- Sam Dodson of the Obscured Truth Network
Kevin Dean is offline
 
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-29-2007, 02:08 AM   #4
FSR402
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
FSR402's Avatar
Recipes 
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Jenison, MI
Posts: 2,878
Liked 16 Times on 14 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldfarmer
Hi, FSR402 .....

Over the last few years, I have pretty much limited my brewing to German Lager, Pilsners, and Scottish Ales. Mmmmmmmmmmm! I'll PM you one of my favorites.

Skol !
Got the PM, looks good to me. I will need to brew this up real soon so it will be ready to drink when it's freaking cold outside.
__________________
TWO FISTED BREWING CO.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr_cad View Post
Its nice when you and your friends have comparable equipment.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Walker-san View Post
some people will tap anything that has a hole.
Buy Two Fisted Brewing gear
FSR402 is offline
 
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-29-2007, 03:22 AM   #5
sudbuster
This ain't my first rodeo....
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
sudbuster's Avatar
Recipes 
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Western Arkansas
Posts: 4,068
Liked 273 Times on 215 Posts
Likes Given: 95

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin Dean
I'm also in the market for a Wee Heavy, would you mind sending that my way as well, or better yet, posting it here so others can share the love?
Hi, Kevin.......
I've been around these forums for a good while, so I really don't like to post a recipe. This place seems to have a bunch of nice people, that's why I bought in. But in times past, and on other boards, a bunch of wise achers would jump in and try to make it a p**sing contest. One of the features that inticed me to sign up was PM. So, I,ll send you one.

Skol !!
__________________
sudbuster is offline
 
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-29-2007, 04:10 PM   #6
killian
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: western/central new york
Posts: 1,485
Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts
Likes Given: 4

Default

here is one I found (BYO march 06), havent brewed it yet but its gonna be my next brew after I make a couple of changes or additions.
o.g 1.105 fg 1.030
ibu 25 srm 28 abv 9.6

20.5 lbs pale malt
10.9 oz belgian special b
9.33 oz belgian biscuit malt
2.2 oz chocolate malt

.53 oz nugget 60min
.5 oz mt hood

english or scottish ale yeast

__________________
killian is offline
 
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-29-2007, 04:15 PM   #7
ohiobrewtus
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
ohiobrewtus's Avatar
Recipes 
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Ohio
Posts: 7,814
Liked 37 Times on 35 Posts
Likes Given: 4

Default

The Belhaven Wee Heavy kit from AHS makes a very nice brew.

__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by the_bird
Well, if you *love* it.... again, note that my A.S.S. has five pounds.
ohiobrewtus is offline
 
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Reply



Quick Reply
Message:
Options
Thread Tools


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Dry hop Wee Heavy? BJBrewer Recipes/Ingredients 3 07-09-2009 04:58 PM
Best Wee Heavy Kit from AHB? gator_brewer General Beer Discussion 0 04-15-2009 03:37 PM
Wee Heavy Help MTBREWDOG All Grain & Partial Mash Brewing 12 01-15-2009 03:13 AM
First Wee Heavy thataintchicken Commercial Brew Discussion 4 10-17-2008 02:33 PM
Just a Wee Heavy TheJadedDog Scottish and Irish Ale 0 09-07-2007 11:43 PM