New Giveaway - Wort Monster Conical Fermenter!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Recipes/Ingredients > All-Grain - Waterloo Dark

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-01-2010, 03:32 AM   #1
iamatuna
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Default All-Grain - Waterloo Dark

Hey

Just wondering if anyone has an all grain Waterloo dark clone?
i love that beer and would love to make a clone of it

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-01-2010, 01:46 PM   #2
Oldsock
Recipes 

Liked 109 Times on 80 Posts
Likes Given: 42

"Looks dark, tastes light. It's Ontario's favourite dark lager. A dark beer that is slowly brewed with Canadian grown malted barley, specialty coloured malts, imported hops and pure cultured brewers yeast. Waterloo Dark is for the beer drinker who likes a dark craft brewed beer without the filling heaviness.

Waterloo Dark is an excellent match for wild game, Caribou steaks, pheasant, roast duck or even wild boar. A perfect addition as an ingredient and just as easy to drink with the meal."

never had it, but I'd suggest finding a decent pale lager recipe and add enough Carafa Special II to get it to ~30 SRM. Sorry I can't be more helpful, but its a start.

Check out The Mad Fermentationist for my adventures in fermentation (cheese, bread, ginger beer plant, and of course plenty of funky beer).

Old 03-13-2010, 02:00 AM   #3
moses1
Recipes 

If you track one down, or experiment and like the results, I'd love to hear about it. Cheers!

Old 07-08-2010, 01:54 AM   #4
mvdilts
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts
Likes Given: 1

I too would love to find a clone recipe (Waterloo dark is one of my favorite beers that I have found nigh impossible to get Stateside).

"Boredom leads to tinkering. Tinkering leads to Rube Goldberg like brewing setups." - Yoda on homebrewing. (thanks to DarthBeer)

Quick Reply